The advent of COVID-19 meant an unprecedented effort on the part of pharmaceutical companies to develop a vaccine quickly to bring to a halt this deadly virus.
Vaccine expert Zeil Rosenberg, medical director and therapeutic area head, vaccines, at Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES), discusses some of the challenges AES faced in conducting a vaccine trial during the pandemic and shares the main learnings and takeaways from the successful conduct of this Phase III trial. We hope you find these insights into safely and effectively completing COVID-19 vaccine trials useful.
Please listen to learn:
- How specialized recruitment methods allowed the project to meet its target
- How we managed the complexities of a large site footprint and high volume of participants
- About the challenges of managing COVID-19 positive patients and quarantining staff
- How global capacity and specific vaccines experience contributed to success
- The level of planning involved for successful global trials