What to Expect from a Trial
To determine if you meet the requirements for the trial, a variety of screening and eligibility assessments will be performed. These generally include:
- Medical history review and physical examination with medical staff
- Measurement of your height, weight and vital signs (blood pressure/pulse)
- ECG/EKG to measure electrical activity of the heart
- Blood and urine collection for lab assessments
- Other diagnostic tests as required by the study protocol
All information that you supply us and that we obtain in the screening process will be kept confidential.
If you qualify as a volunteer for the trial, you will be contacted to schedule your participation. As with any clinical trial, you are free to withdraw your participation at any time.
Whether you qualify for the trial or not, a clinic staff member will confidentially share with you the results of your physical examination and any screening tests that have been done. Should the results of your screening tests or physical examination warrant additional follow-up from a health care provider, the clinic staff will notify you.