Advantages of Being a Clinical Trial Investigator
Clinical trial investigators play an important role in the development of products to combat disease, treat chronic and degenerative diseases, and improve the health of people around the world. The large volume of new drugs, therapies and devices under development has dramatically increased the number of clinical trials required to properly evaluate them.
Physicians in private practice are needed to join as investigators in these clinical trials. By conducting clinical trials, physicians gain several advantages:
- Professional Development. Remain at the cutting edge of your specific area of therapeutic interest; meet other clinical trial investigators to exchange ideas and plan future collaboration; and gain comfort in working with drugs and processes not yet approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Professional Recognition. Clinical trial investigators are often recognized as thought leaders within the professional community and may have the opportunity to become co-authors of articles for publication.
- New Revenue Stream. Clinical trials offer the opportunity for additional revenue.
- Role in the Evolution of Medicine. Clinical trial investigators can potentially bring breakthrough products to the market that could impact the health of people around the world.
Introduce New Treatments to Your Patients
Clinical trial investigators have the advantage of offering patients alternative treatments that may be available only through participation in clinical trials. Patients may receive care at no cost throughout the trial and may be provided with medication they might not otherwise be able to afford.
Therapeutics and Specialties
PPD has extensive clinical trial experience in a wide range of therapeutic and specialty areas, including:
- Cardiovascular studies
- Central nervous system studies
- Critical care studies
- Endocrine/metabolic studies
- Government and public health related studies
- Hematology/oncology studies
- Infectious diseases studies
History of Conducting Clinical Trials
As a recognized leader in the pharmaceutical services industry, PPD has successfully conducted clinical trials in a variety of therapeutic areas since 1985. Our network of clinical trial investigators working in partnership with our clients has made significant contributions to the advancement of healthcare over the past 20 years.
PPD’s resources include offices in 46 countries and more than 25,000 employees across the globe. Our clinically trained teams are led by senior scientists and clinicians with extensive drug development experience, and we are responsive to our clinical trial investigators’ needs.