Global Clinical Supplies
Our customers rely on us to solve product packaging, labeling and release process problems and efficiently navigate challenging local import and export regulations. As a result, PPD’s global clinical supply team helps customers maximize efficiency and ensure on-site delivery of investigational products and all other study supplies.
Our team provides complete life-cycle management, including packaging and labeling, of medical and pharmaceutical supplies through PPD-owned GMP facilities in Ireland, Russia, Ukraine, South Africa and an extensive global third party network.
Full Range of Clinical Supply Services
With extensively trained global resources in North America; Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA); and Asia Pacific, PPD offers a full range of services to manage the clinical supply life-cycle. These services are integrated in PPD’s clinical services and accomplished through extensive communication and common global procedures.
- Life-cycle management
- Single point of contact for all clinical supply management matters from bulk forecasting through reconciliation and destruction
- Product forecasting and planning
- Third-party packaging and labeling vendor management
- Global procurement and storage
- Purchasing of all clinical trial materials
- Temperature-controlled warehouses
- Refrigeration and freezer storage (down to -150 degrees Celsius)
- Controlled environmental chambers
- Secondary packaging and labeling in EMEA
- Global packaging and labeling capabilities of investigational products, medical devices, commercial comparators and ancillary products in our industry-leading PPD facility in Ireland and through our third party network
- In-house clinical label printing
- Global distribution
- Ambient, controlled room temperature, frozen and refrigerated shipping conditions
- Trade compliance management and import/export coordination
- Assistance with import/export licensing
- Expiry date extension relabeling at distribution center and at the site
- Drug accountability and destruction (contractor and/or PPD)
- Organization of returns with PPD-approved courier companies
- Reconciliation of returned products to the customer’s specifications
- Disposal as per customer’s wishes, using PPD-approved destruction vendors
Detailed Processes Ensure Quality
Quality is a critical component of successful supply chain strategies. To ensure quality, PPD has:
- Detailed processes and defined process maps
- Extensive global standard operating procedures (SOPs) and working practice ensuring global compliance and harmonization
- Qualified persons (QPs) experienced and trained in the European Union (EU) QP requirements
Read about an anemia study with thousands of patients enrolled at hundreds of sites around the world that was at risk of delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.