Hepatology CRO: Unrivaled Liver Disease Expertise
Why choose us as your hepatology CRO
Chronic liver disease is growing in prevalence and contributes to rising rates of cirrhosis, liver failure and liver cancer. Meanwhile, mortality rates for alcoholic-associated liver disease and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) substantially increased during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The imperative to rapidly deliver a treatment for liver diseases calls for a clinical research strategy built around experience, speed and global reach.
Build your clinical research strategy with an experienced partner.
Faster study startup than industry benchmarks
Over the past five years, PPD has consistently exceeded study startup industry benchmarks in liver diseases.
Our median cycle times for liver studies are up to:
- 30% faster than benchmark for final protocol received to 50% of sites activated
- 10% faster than benchmark for final protocol received to first subject screened
- 20% faster than benchmark for final protocol received to 50% of subjects enrolled
PPD’s customers benefit from our investments in people, process improvement and technology implementation to drive quicker startup for their clinical trials.
Comprehensive, global site recruitment plan
Our integrated approach to site planning and collaboration enhances enrollment and retention in highly competitive areas. PPD’s customers benefit from our:
- Expansive network of sites around the globe. Sponsors gain access to sites and patients in new regions, including in Hispanic communities where NASH is prevalent, thanks to our reliable and expanding network of sites.
- Strong relationships with key sites and investigators. Our customers meet or surpass their study milestones when we build a site plan that levies our years of experience managing clinical trials around the world.
- Collaborative study planning. From site initiation through the final visit, we work closely with the site to create a customized recruitment plan, identifying the necessary patient recruitment materials, reviewing the pre-screening and screening processes, and formalizing the site’s approach and goals.
End-to-end liver disease CRO services
With access to the full range of expertise across PPD and Thermo Fisher Scientific, our customers are better able to navigate risk across:
- Research and discovery: Scientific technologies to enable a faster start and a deep understanding of the medical requirements
- Process development and optimization: Solutions and technologies to fine-tune the science, advance the strongest candidates and design clinical trials
- Pre-clinical: Laboratory support and other analytical analyses models to determine if a drug candidate is safe to test in humans
- Clinical trials: Full-service clinical research capabilities coupled with asset, logistics, and regulatory management to navigate drug development and prove efficacy
- Commercialization and production: Market access, regulatory expertise, supply chain management, manufacturing solutions, and distribution to get to market faster and drive more value
- Rare and pediatric expertise: Shape trial design, strategy, and delivery for adult and pediatric rare indications with the PPD Rare Disease and Pediatrics Center of Excellence
- Routine and specialty testing: Central Lab services offer a full complement of solutions including routine testing, biopsy sample management and logistics, and pathology
- Automated data flow for patient and biopsy tracking: A clear pathway that leverages internal resources, mitigates tracking challenges and increases efficiency