Infectious Disease CRO
Global investigator network for infectious disease research
Access to a global investigator database that includes infectious disease specialists is vital. With PPD, you’ll be connected to infectious disease specialists in:
- Bacterial, fungal and parasitic diseases
- Chronic hepatitis B and C
- Pediatric indications
You can count on us to deliver investigators and sites with proven trial experience.
And patients remain at the center of your clinical development strategy. PPD digital and decentralized trial solutions are designed to increase clinical trial access for patients while improving their overall experience, meaning better patient engagement and retention for your trial.
HIV drug development and research leader
Research into treatments for HIV remains a priority for drug developers. Whether you are pursuing a short- or long-term HIV trial or a concomitant program for a Phase III study, PPD can partner with you to achieve success. Our extensive experience includes trials addressing:
- Opportunistic infections
- Highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART)
Drug developers — from both the government and private sector — have selected PPD as their infectious disease CRO partner to conduct their HIV studies. When developing your HIV clinical development strategy, you need access to high-quality data and a CRO that will explore transformative approaches to HIV treatment studies. With PPD, your strategy will be tailored to your unique needs and map out approaches to include traditionally overlooked populations in HIV trials.
Laboratory services for infectious disease clinical trials
From safety testing to microbiology and molecular genomic testing, infectious disease trials require a broad array of laboratory services. PPD offers globally integrated GMP, bioanalytical, biomarker and central laboratories that support trials of all sizes.
- Extensive virology testing, including real-time polymerase chain reaction, viral load, genotyping and single nucleotide polymorphism analysis
- The capability to culture, quantitate, identify and determine antibiotic susceptibility and resistance for aerobic and anaerobic organisms
- A flexible approach to microbiology testing, performing disk diffusion and/or broth dilution assays to establish antibiotic minimum inhibitory concentration and breakpoints