Oncology CRO: Oncology and Hematology Expertise
Advance Your Clinical Research with a Full Spectrum of End-to-End Oncology Solutions
As the clinical research business of Thermo Fisher Scientific, PPD provides support in all phases of oncology development — from early drug discovery support and clinical development to market access and commercial strategy — with innovative technologies and solutions. Our dedicated teams are equipped with the knowledge, experience, and solutions to reduce patient burden and make trial participation viable for patients while achieving optimal doses, accelerating timelines and maximizing cost savings.
With a full spectrum of end-to-end solutions, we enable drug developers of all sizes to:
- Leverage adaptive trial designs that take advantage of innovative approaches in data collection and statistical assessments
- Flex midstream by altering control arms or expanding the number of arms in response to early findings
- Enrich the patient population using biomarker-driven randomization to target subjects most likely to respond
- Select an appropriate country mix based on the phase of clinical development, patient population, competition, regional and national standards of care, regulatory environment, and protocol complexities
By partnering with us, you gain access to the latest oncology technologies, world-class laboratories, contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) services, and peri- and post-approval services.
The search for answer requires transformative technology that advances. Oncomine™ Solutions — the latest technology for fast-profiling and next-generation sequencing of key biomarkers and comprehensive genomic profiling — provides molecular insights to inform the most critical decisions with speed and accuracy.
Comprehensive Oncology and Hematology Laboratory Services
Across every phase, PPD® Laboratory services deliver the quality data needed for fast, accurate decision-making. Our hematology/oncology portfolio spans:
- Antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Cell and gene therapies
- Companion diagnostics
- Small molecules
Our collaboration with NeoGenomics expands oncology testing for clinical trials in areas such as genetic testing, pathology testing and interpretation services.
PPD Laboratory services enabled the development of 24 of the top 25 best-selling oncology drugs of 2020.
Get To Know Our Therapeutic Leaders in Oncology And Hematology and Hear How They Can Help Move Your Program Forward
Oncology imperatives podcast
Leverage Proven Expertise in Cell and Gene Therapy Oncology Clinical Trials
When it comes to cell and gene therapy (CGT) clinical trials, you need to put your trust in expertise and experience. The PPD clinical research team has spent decades on the development and management of CGT trials, including 160 immuno-oncology studies and 137 cell and gene therapy trials across tumor types and therapies.
Over the years, we’ve supported more than 33,000 patients, and we offer comprehensive laboratory support for cell and gene therapies, including CAR-T.
Facilitating Adoptive Cell Therapy Oncology Trials
Adoptive cell therapies are one of the largest classes of novel immunotherapies. While interest among drug developers continues to grow, the adoptive cell therapy development ecosystem is complex and requires continual learning and process refinement. As technology advances and impactful therapies are developed, drug developers will need an experienced CRO to support trials and manage logistics.
Read more about the current challenges in adoptive cell therapy clinical development from both the site and CRO perspective.
Immuno-Oncology Center of Excellence
Immuno-oncology therapies present an area of opportunity in hematology and oncology drug development. New immunotherapies, which are demonstrating improved median overall survival and an acceptable toxicity profile, offer evidence for optimism.
With the PPD Immuno-Oncology Center of Excellence, we enable drug developers to pursue their therapies with confidence, providing a knowledge base on the competitive environment, efficient adaptive designs, and the dynamic regulatory landscape that surrounds these rapidly evolving immunotherapies.
Our experience spans more than a decade and includes over 160 trials on:
- Adoptive cell therapies
- Cancer vaccines
- Checkpoint inhibitors
- Immune modulators
- Monoclonal antibodies
More than 33,000 patients have participated in these trials at over 5,000 sites worldwide. And our experience with cell and gene therapy trials continues to grow, with a background in more than 30 CGT studies. Our Cell and Gene Institute offers cross-functional expertise that spans diverse technologies and delivery mechanisms, including cell, gene, gene-modified cell and advanced tissue technologies.
It also offers cross-functional expertise with oncology and hematology physicians conversant in CAR-T with investigators and key opinion leaders at the top of their field.
Rare Disease and Pediatric Expertise
With regulations like the RACE for Children Act, drug developers have expanded their pipelines to focus more intentionally on therapies for rare and pediatric cancers. Hematology and oncology clinical trials are complex, and these challenges increase with a pediatric population.
PPD experts guide you through the careful planning and consideration needed for rare and pediatric oncology clinical trials. With experience across all phases, indications and therapeutic areas — including more than 500 clinical studies — the cross-functional team at our Rare Disease and Pediatrics Center of Excellence delivers innovative, patient-centric solutions to skillfully address the most complex challenges of these trials.
Patient-and Site-Centric Solutions
Gain access to differentiated patient- and site-centric solutions that support both the patient and clinician to improve identification, diversity and inclusion in clinical trials.
With our proven trial optimization methodology, you experience on-time delivery, high-level site enrollment and performance through:
- Development consulting and early engagement to limit amendments and reduce costs
- Data-driven analysis to optimize the trial and mitigate risk
- Investigator feasibility and site selection recommendations
- Continuous feasibility and optimization feedback loop for time and cost savings
Our just-in-time methodology for oncology recruitment allows you to jump-start enrollment with:
- Access to diverse populations
- An augmented approach with ongoing risk mitigation and a performance-based price model
- A network of more than 300 sites and over 1,000 oncologists, hematologists and urologists
- A record of zero non-enrolling sites in the just-in-time community
- Patients exposed to more trial options, while allowing sites to focus on studies for which they have patients
- An opportunity to accelerate overall study performance
Training Sites for Oncology Trials with PPD SiteCoach
For health care practitioners who want to improve their trial site’s capabilities to either become a new clinical trial site or enhance their clinical trial capabilities, we offer PPD SiteCoach training in key areas such as foundational training and patient diversity.
The advanced clinical research training program offers robust education, coaching and support, enabling community sites to become qualified to manage complex trials.
- Comprehensive training and tools at each stage of the clinical trial process
- Optimally timed training before, during and after the study to ensure continuity of support
- Virtual, in-person or hybrid training approach to meet your specific needs delivered as one full course of four modules or one abridged course of two modules
- A user-friendly online interface that includes a learner community portal with resources and tools
Watch this video to learn more about SiteCoach training capabilities.