EXPERTISE AND FLEXIBILITY TO ACCELERATE YOUR VACCINE PROGRAM
Vaccines are among the greatest advancements in public health, and developing new vaccines remains one of the most difficult challenges we face. As vaccine development researchers achieve important success to control one devastating disease, another pathogen emerges. Your vaccine strategy represents an important blueprint for tackling some of the world’s most deadly and disabling diseases and ensuring science and society work together to protect public health.
At PPD, we apply the expansive global footprint, development capabilities and expertise we’ve built in vaccine development to help customers attend to the unique needs of vaccine trials and accelerate development with proven solutions and dedicated resources.
“We understand the urgency surrounding the development of vaccines, now more than ever. We provide innovative solutions to expedite clinical trials to accelerate vaccines. In these challenging times, our mission has never been more clear — helping deliver life-changing therapies to people in need.”
25+ YEARS OF VACCINE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
As a global team of therapeutic specialists, we are fully immersed in the latest advances in the field of vaccine development with expertise in trial design, data analytics, manufacturing, project management, logistics, laboratory testing, pharmacovigilance and regulatory requirements. We combine our extensive therapeutic and laboratory expertise with our global resources to offer a distinctive caliber of vaccine development services.
Our services can be tailored across trial phases, for localized or global studies, for biotech and large pharmaceutical companies and not-for-profit and governmental programs. Our footprint extends across six continents—with local expertise in all regions—to apply needed insights for trial approvals, site identification and close oversight during study conduct. Our technologies enable rapid and transparent risk assessments and data access for subject safety on a real-time basis. This expertise, coupled with advanced technologies, enable us to provide an unparalleled partnership for your vaccine development needs.
END-TO-END SOLUTIONS TO EXPEDITE COVID-19 VACCINE DEVELOPMENT
PPD’s early and evolving experience and end-to-end services allow us to provide customized and integrated solutions that accelerate COVID-19 vaccine development timelines. Our agile and flexible model can include risk-based monitoring, near real-time access to safety assessments via interactive dashboards and digitally enabled technologies to conduct low- or no-contact trials. Our commitment to urgency includes:
- Global operational teams with pandemic vaccine expertise enabling us to deploy knowledgeable resources in expedited timeframes
- Dedicated tools to identify prevalent regions for COVID-19 and 100+ infectious disease and vaccine specialists in Latin America
- Use of the Weekly Assessment of COVID Epidemiology (WAVE) prediction model to aid trial planning, site selection processes and alignment of demography of study population with epidemiology
- Global network of 60+ AES/Optimal vaccine sites with surge capability of up to 3,000 patients per week, experienced in emerging disease vaccines
- Digital solutions to speed recruitment and support remote/virtual patient follow-up post-vaccination
- Deep experience navigating government contract requirements and close collaboration with health authorities to avoid unnecessary delays
- Global clinical supplies capabilities with direct-to-patient options
- Digital and decentralized solutions to increase clinical trial access for patients, improve their overall experience, produce efficiencies and enhance data quality
- Integrated laboratory services including serology, neutralizing antibody and functional assays designed specifically for COVID-19 trials, as well as PBMC capabilities
Targeted High-Quality Monitoring Strategies Tailored to Vaccine Studies
We leverage the Preclarus platform as part of our approach to risk-based monitoring to create a customized profile of subjects across a wide range of clinical laboratory findings and to review safety trends for vaccine reactogenicity, labs and toxicity gradings. We share this data with you to inform early phase research and dose escalation meetings.
We create study-specific, risk-based monitoring plans based on key site performance indicators. This proprietary method allows CRAs to maximize their time on-site and focus holistically on site performance. This approach provides cost savings in conjunction with quality data.