PPD Laboratories’ flow cytometry assays integrate into our bioanalytical and central labs. This integration provides flexibility to leverage our operational and organizational structures for a tiered regulatory approach to meet customers’ needs.
From fit-for-purpose assays to projects that require GCLP-, GLP- or CLIA-compliant assays, we have the technology platforms, the clinical expertise and the collaborative and flexible mindset needed to develop customized solutions for our customers.
We have a dedicated team of scientists at the bioanalytical lab and many cross-trained scientists across the various central lab locations. Research and development for flow cytometry assays is performed in our Richmond, Virginia, location, where our scientists have more than 25 years of combined experience.
Our service offering includes:
- Assay development and validation under CAP/CLIA, GLP and/or GCLP regulations
- Enumeration of cells (4-, 6- and 8-color)
- Routine cell surface antigen expression
- Intracellular cytokine assays
- Platelet, neutrophil and basophil activation assays
- Receptor occupancy
- Complex phospho-flow assays
- Peripheral mononuclear cell (PBMC) enumeration and intracellular cytokine assays
- Training to clinical sites for complex procedures, such as phosph-flow and activation assay
- BD FACSCanto™ II flow cytometers
In addition to supporting bioanalytical studies for various types of pharmaceuticals, flow assays are an integral part of biomarker development.