PPD® Laboratories vaccine sciences lab builds upon three decades of pharmaceutical development expertise to support vaccine development programs from preclinical through post-approval.
Our vaccine sciences lab is dedicated to helping clients achieve the highest scientific standards for their programs and gain development efficiencies that speed the introduction of life-changing vaccines.
We offer a full range of vaccines services including:
- Antigen detection, quantitative RT-PCR and sequencing
- Traditional and multiplex immunoassays
- Neutralization assays
- Cell-mediated immunity methods
- Viral and bacterial functional assays
Vaccine program development requires a partner that understands the unique complexities presented by this important area of research. Close collaboration between the specialized lab and the clinical research team is critical to ensure that sample processing, tracking and data reporting are well-coordinated to successfully complete vaccines studies.
PPD provides integrated clinical and laboratory vaccine expertise and global resources to advance our clients’ vaccine programs. Our robust end-to-end development solutions include:
- PPD Laboratories’ dedicated vaccine sciences lab for specialized vaccine assays
- PPD Laboratories’ GMP, bioanalytical and central labs for vaccine product and safety testing
- PPD clinical development with more than 190 vaccine studies in the past five years
- Partnerships with global site networks, including leading subject and site recruitment organizations Synexus and Acurian
- Integrated technology infrastructure to drive efficiency and quality
Culture of Excellence
The PPD Laboratories vaccine sciences lab partners with clients to fight the world’s deadliest diseases. Our senior team of scientists has been directly involved in the development of the assays used to license a large number of marketed vaccines. They are recognized thought leaders in their individual disciplines and they are active in the industry. Key individuals are also involved in establishing best practices for national and international regulatory agencies. PPD Laboratories’ clients have access to this dedicated team of experts to help guide and expedite each vaccine development project.
Vaccine Sciences Lab
Vaccine Sciences Lab