Data and Real-World Evidence
DEMONSTRATE THE REAL-WORLD VALUE OF YOUR PRODUCT
For decades, researchers have utilized data from electronic medical records, insurance claims, registries and more to answer questions about how their product is performing in the real world. Traditionally, these real-world data (RWD) have been used to monitor post-market safety and adverse events for regulatory decision making.
However, over the past several years, the number of health care datasets and novel data sources have increased exponentially, providing researchers faster and more accurate insight into their products. With the increasing cost of health care and access to more data than ever before, payers and health authorities have increased their expectations, demanding more and better evidence of a product’s value, safety and effectiveness.
Expertise and experience to extract insight from real-world data
Our experts at Evidera, PPD’s business specializing in evidence, value and access, have a deep understanding and experience in extracting valuable insight from more than 100 data sources across more than 20 countries in North America, Europe, South America and Asia. We also have close data partnerships with organizations including ASCO, Allscripts and HealthCore.
When suitable sources of secondary data are not available or are inadequate, we can design and execute prospective data collection, direct-to-EMR, direct-to-patient, or hybrid study approaches that result in tailored fit-for-purpose data.
Learn more about non-interventional studies.
Our integrated team of health economists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians and clinicians critically assess the available databases to identify those that will yield the best information to address your research needs. We are also able to deploy advanced statistical/analytic methods and innovative study designs including:
- Extraction and analysis of data from social media
- Machine learning and natural language processing
- Pragmatic studies
- EMR-enabled observational studies
- Synthetic control arms
We can help you:
- Delineate the natural history and course of disease (e.g., incidence, prevalence, standard(s) of care)
- Determine unmet clinical and humanistic needs by characterizing the burden of illness
- Collect robust data from rare disease populations
- Quantify real-world, product specific and/or comparative safety, effectiveness, adherence and other outcomes including ASCO, Allscripts, CIS Oncology and TriNetX
- Evaluate country-specific treatment patterns, quantify associated costs of care and populate health economic models