Preclarus® includes a proprietary web-based enterprise and information management system for PPD® Laboratories’ central lab. Preclarus is at the heart of our central lab, providing integrated data to project teams in real time to inform decisions. In addition, thanks to the Preclarus central lab database, you will get an accurate study setup in approximately five weeks.
PPD Laboratories’ teams use a variety of tools to manage site supplies, query status, lab analysis results, samples inventory, study enrollment trends and budget versus actual spend. These tools enable the PPD Laboratories project team to monitor study-wide central lab data in real time and ensure complete study oversight from beginning to end.
The Preclarus Central Lab Database Delivers Reliable, Integrated Data to Help You Make Better Decisions Faster.
For the central lab, Preclarus is more than just a database — it is an invaluable solution to maximize the time and resources of your study while ensuring its quality. Its benefits include:
- Simplifying every process from study definition (a.k.a. database setup) to study closeout
- Enabling the PPD Laboratories team to spend more time on quality control while still achieving industry-leading setup and closeout timelines
- Eliminating the need to merge and harmonize data
- Enabling project teams to monitor study-wide data in real time through dashboard tools
- Improving quality and speeds decision-making by ensuring consistent management and enabling real-time reporting
At no time is the Preclarus central lab database more valuable than at the end of the trial when all of the data have been collected. Without Preclarus, datasets from individual lab locations must be standardized before they can be combined, an expensive and time-consuming task. With the Preclarus central lab database, data standardization and reconciliation happen automatically, eliminating the need to merge and harmonize data from different systems and saving hundreds of hours at the end of the trial.