The Evolution of GLP-1s: Overcoming Clinical Development Challenges
Learn about the medical and operational challenges associated with the clinical development of novel glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists in diabetes, obesity and metabolic clinical trials. Our speakers share their insights and recommended strategies gleaned from 25+ years of clinical and research experience in diabetes and metabolic research to better equip you to successfully conduct GLP-1 studies in today’s rapidly evolving clinical landscape.
We discuss historical lessons learned and recommended solutions to specific medical and operational challenges presented in GLP-1 clinical trial delivery, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring targeted participant access, diversity and retention
- Recruitment of diabetes, obesity and metabolic disease participants in an increasingly competitive landscape
- Early withdrawals due to gastrointestinal (GI) side effects
- Lack of long-term safety data
- Justification of placebo comparators
- Graham Ellis, M.D., Executive Director, medical science and strategy, PPD clinical research business, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Vijay Shivaswamy, M.D., Medical Director, pharmacovigilance, PPD clinical research business, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Eling Gaines, Oversight Director, cardiovascular, metabolic and critical care, PPD clinical research business, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Randall J. Severance, M.D., Director of Medical Operations, Accelerated Enrollment Solutions, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Alessandra Vignola, Vice President, metabolic & liver business segment lead, PPD clinical research business, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Complete the form to watch the webinar on demand.
To learn about the impact of GLP-1s on the changing landscape and future of cardiovascular clinical trials in light of recent studies, watch an on-demand webinar on the topic.