experienced in optimizing customers infectious disease studies
Rely on PPD’s experienced infectious diseases team to deliver the most optimal clinical strategy. As new markets are identified for conducting clinical research, our team is on the ground and well-prepared to start trials quickly and keep them on track.
- Reliable access to patients worldwide
- Deep therapeutic experience and global resources to streamline the development process from clinical through post-approval
- A global network of monitors, project managers, regulatory specialists, data managers, biostatisticians, medical writers, lab technicians, scientists and medical professionals to ensure rapid, efficient execution of clinical trials
- Seamless integration with our laboratory teams to support development of new treatments for a wide range of infectious diseases
INFECTIOUS DISEASES GLOBAL INVESTIGATOR NETWORK
PPD’s has a robust global investigator database, including access to pediatric infectious disease specialists, including HIV, hepatitis B and C, other viral infections such as influenza and bacterial, fungal and parasitic diseases. With experience in a broad range of infectious disease indications, PPD provides access to specialized clinical sites with proven trial experience.
PPD’S INFECTIOUS DISEASES EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS:
Government and commercial trials in infectious disease indications
Infectious disease patients
A LEADER IN HIV DRUG DEVELOPMENT
We have experience with both short- and long-term HIV trials as well as concomitant programs of multiple Phase III studies. Additionally, our industry-leading experience includes trials addressing opportunistic infections, manifestation of antiretroviral treatment and co-infections.
PPD’S HIV EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS:
MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY SERVICES
PPD® Laboratories’ central lab supports clinical trials worldwide in infectious disease drug development through our laboratory testing services and expanded capabilities in our microbiology laboratories.
- Extensive virology testing, including real-time polymerase chain reaction, viral load, genotyping and single nucleotide polymorphism analysis
- The capability to culture, quantitate, identify and determine antibiotic susceptibility and resistance for aerobic and anaerobic organisms
- A flexible approach to microbiology testing, performing disk diffusion and/or broth dilution assays to establish antibiotic minimum inhibitory concentration and breakpoints